You will probably recognize it: a closet full of scraps of fabric. And you don't really do anything with those leftovers. Therefore we have the perfect idea: make a teething ring from your nice leftovers. A simple DIY that requires just a little bit of fabric and not too much time. This way you can make something really unique for your own child, or give it away as a gift. You are going to make someone really happy!
For a DIY teething ring you need:
> a teether (you can buy this at the hobby shop nearby or on the internet)
> two pieces of fabric of about 45 x 15 centimeters
> a (fabric)scissor
> Matching yarn
> a template (download your template here)
This is how you make a teether
1. Print the template on A4 format.
2. Place the template on top of the folded fabric with the bottom edge on the fold seam.
3. Then draw the shape of the template on the fabric, do this 2 times (front and back)
4. Place both fabrics on top of each other (wrong side out). Make sure that these fit together well and therefore connect.
5. Pin the fabrics together.
6. Stitch the fabrics together. Go over the drawn line with the sewing machine. Note: Make sure to leave an opening of about 5 centimeters to turn the fabric over later.
7. Cut away excess fabric. Keep about half an inch from the drawn line. Then you can cut two more v's in the fabric at the curves. This way the fabric will lay flat.
8. Now you can finally turn the fabric inside out so that you can see the beautiful side of the fabric.
9. Close the last part by sewing by hand.
10. Fold the fabric in half and pull it through the ring.
11. Then you pull the points of the fabric through the loop.
Et voila! Your DIY teether is ready. Good luck with your DIY project!
Have you seen a nice print?
We have many more fun prints, which can be ordered on fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap.