If we think about christmas, we think about good food and a cozy, perfectly decorated table! And lets be honest, it's never goes the way we want it too. We serve a partly burned chicken, spill some wine on the floor.. but that doesn't keep us from doing our utmost best every year! Today we will give you a few tips to create that perfectly set dining table. We start with the base. How cool is it to print your own pattern on fabric and make a table cloth or napkins from it?
"A christmas is not compleet without a beautiful table setting.."
The most important questions!
- Were will this perfectly set table stand? In your own home, at your mothers or at your ant..? Think about the atmosphere and the colors that are already present in that room. Also don't forget to measure the table so you know how much fabric you need. Also it's handy to count the expected persons at your table, so you can make a table setting
- The second important question is of course: which atmosphere or theme do you want to create? A white christmas, a traditional christmas with red and green tints or will you go for pastel colors this year? Tip: look around at Pinterest and create your own dining table inspiration board. This way you will know fast what you do and what you don't like, so you know where to look for.
- Which patters do you choose? If you've answered the questions above, you can start picking your favourite patterns for the table cloth and the napkins. Super important, because it will be the foundation for the rest of the decoration. At Motiflow you can even upload your own pattern and make a table cloth of it. That theme would be: a self-designed christmas! 😉
TIP! Take into account that the size of the patterns matter for the 'end product'. So a bigger pattern will look more beautifull on a table cloth than on a napkin. If you order something at Motiflow, you can check the size at the ruler above the pattern.
Which theme do you choose?
Table cloth and napkins
Have you ordered and received your fabric? Than you're ready to get started! Frankly, it's super easy.
1. Fold over all the edges 1 centimeter.
2. Pin it and than stitch it with the sewing machine (or by hand).
3. Want to go all the way with your selfmade christmas table cloth or napkins? Than you could adorn it by sewing a festive band on it. With glitters, bells, or whatever you have! It can never be too elegant for christmas.
TIP. You can also choose an incompatible yarn-color, so you napkin or table cloth has a festive border. Think of a christmas-green thread in a red table cloth or an elegant golden yellow thread.
Mix and match!
We've chose to use different napkins. By combining different patterns, you make the whole setting less static and extra convivial. Also add a name tag on every napkin and suddenly they are super personal and super deluxe napkins, like you're dining in a chique five star restaurant. You can order all patterns at Motiflow from 50x100cm (from €7,99). You can already get 2 napkins out of that! We chose the Cotton Satin fabric because of it's shiny surface. Perfect for the holidays!
Time for the last tip of this article! How cool is it that when your family goes to the table, everybody has her/his own 'personal napkin'. A spaceships-pattern for your nephew who wants to go to space someday, happy christmas stars for your cousin.. a small, but personal gift for everybody to take home after the night!