For most of us some lovely gifts beneath the christmas tree are a must in the living room. That's why a few gift wrapping and paper tips can't be missing in this Motiflow Christmas blog week. You can use the Motiflow wrapping paper for lots of other stuff than packing gifts. We've made some lovely, unique christmas cards and in one of the following blogs we'll show you how to make christmas stars. So keep on reading!
Gift wrapping Tips!
We love gift wrapping! Sometimes it's even more fun than receiving a gift. Especially if you wrap it up with the unique gift wrapping papers you can get at Motiflow. This Christmas we went for some minimalistic patterns: think of pastel, green and yellow-tints and wintery patterns with snowflakes and christmas trees. We finished it with some elegant details:
• Use nice ribbons in christmas and coppertints for a festive and luxurious effect
• Do you have left-overs of fabric, for example from the DIY table cloth and napkins? Cut out some strips and tie it around the gift or make a big bow. Durable and beautiful!
• See those nametags? We've also made those from left-over giftwrap. Use a gold or silver pen to write a name over the pattern.
• Go outside, because there's always something beautiful waiting to be found! Use branches of eucalpytus or red berries as extra decoration and it will be hard to unpack because it looks so nice!
• Do you still have some 'old' christmas decoration from last year which you won't use? Perfect! Re-use left-over Christmas balls or garlands to finish the gift.
How to get it done:
Collect the most lovely gift wrapping papers at Motiflow. Take a look at the 'christmas' or 'winter' patterns. You can also use left-over pieces.
Cut the giftwrap you want to use at A6 size and glue it on a piece of cardboard. Decorate the card with letters, stamps and other fun details until your happy with it. You can also cut-out some figures (like a christmas tree) from another pattern or just a plain color of paper. Adhere it to the card with some 3D foam in between for a fun effect. And.. since you're putting this much effort in it; why not make an A4 Christmas card, so it can be used as a poster as well!
Find a nice envelope or for some extra points: make the envelope your self as well from the same gift wrap paper. Write the adress on it, stick a postage and get yourself to the mailbox!
No doubt people will hold on to your christmas cards this year!
Next to christmas cards, you can also use small pieces of giftwrap for making name tags. Maybe for Christmas dinner? So you can determine who will sit next to who this year! And of course it also looks very pretty. More tips about creating a perfectly set dining table for Christmas? Check out this blog!